Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ho hum.

Well, I was invited by "Boss" Soon Yoon to be one of the bloggers in this site, so I shall blog here then about anything regarding the show or how I feel etc.

As most of you may or may not know, this is the fifth straight show where I'm performing under my mom, Farah Sulaiman, so basically I'm the only person at this point who has been in all five of my mom's shows from the first Dance Hysteria in 2000 right up till Jalan Impian: The Musical in 2005. It's pretty interesting though that a lot has changed over the years. I used to remember back when I was one of those rookie types, the ones who were only given one or two performances or just there to be extras only. Now, at 22 (going to be 23 this coming Friday), I'm one of the adult performers, which is pretty cool if you ask me.

For those new to this site, just to let ya'll know, I'll be in five performance. One of those performances will be my cousin, Sabrina Hassan (whom I shall refer to from this point on as Kak Sabrina) and I performing Jolly Holiday from Mary Poppins and I get to be Bert, the street-sweeper/street artist/chimney sweeper/nasi lemak seller/etc. I remembered vividly watching that show as a kid and I know exactly how wacky Dick Van Dyke's performance was. I did read up on the criticisms regarding his English accent and I've decided to somehow emulate it. Trust me, much like Mr Van Dyke himself, it comes and it goes. Haih.

Well, I am looking forward to doing this show and getting to perform on stage yet again, so it's definitely looking to be a thrilling experience nonetheless. Come late June, we are all gonna do our very best in putting on a great show for everyone. Hope ya'll turn up!

Till then, this is Johan Yusof signing out!

No comments: